Who am I?
I’m a 30 year-old Developer from Melbourne, Australia. Outside of online development, I enjoy playing basketball (Bogan Celtics — don’t ask) and occasionally my dusty guitar, walking my dog, waterskiing & wakeboarding in summer and other outdoorsy stuff.
What makes me tick?
I love my job. I think the Web is awesome. I enjoy building product experiences using the latest open source technologies, open standards and good design with a focus on the user experience.
As with most developers, I enjoy problem solving and the challenges that come with it.
Where am I now?
I’m currently a Senior Software Engineer at DiUS Computing helping companies improve their continuous delivery and agile practices. Read more about my time at DiUS.
Development \ Programming expertise
- DevOps & Solution Architecture: Puppet, Vagrant, Packer, AWS, CloudFormation
- API Development / Integration: RESTful/SOAP-based services on Fuse ESB (Apache ServiceMix, Camel, ActiveMQ, CXF)
- OSGI: Eclipse Virgo, OSGi bundles (Bnd Tools, Bundlor, Maven Bundle Plugin)
- Enterprise Java: JSP, JSF, Spring, Spring Web Flow, Spring MVC, Tomcat, JBoss (basic)
- Testing: TDD, PHPUnit, JUnit, TestNG, Selenium
- SCM & Continuous Integration: Hudson, Git, CVS, SVN, Maven, Ant
- Development Process: Agile (Scrum), SDLC
Completed Qualifications \ Training Courses
- Double degree in Cognitive Science \ Computer Science from La Trobe University (Psychology major)
- Rich Web Applications with Spring – 4 day instructor led training on Spring MVC, Spring Web Flow and related presentation & client-side technologies
- 3 day intensive FUSE training on Apache ServiceMix, Camel and CXF (http://www.fusesource.com/)
- 1 day short course on SCRUM conducted by SEED (http://www.seedim.com.au)
- 3 day Alfresco Enterprise CMS advanced topics workshop conducted by SEED (http://www.seedim.com.au)
- 2 day Siebel 8.1 Fundamentals conducted by Oracle